Monday, August 8, 2011

Baptisms!

They say that baptism is central to a missionaries purpose. (It's part of the doctrine of Christ, duh) if so, that means the both areas of the Kosice district are fulfilling their purpose!! :) Both Ivet and Marek were baptized on Saturday!! It was such a beautiful experience and the whole branch really grew together as a result. I'm looking forward to the 27th when we will add another member to the branch!
And yesterday was just another fantastic day. I confirmed Marek a member of the church and let me tell you, the priesthood is a pretty cool thing. I'm so thankful that it's been restored to the earth and that we can enjoy so many blessings as a result. The Kosice branch hit a pretty big milestone. We had more members at church than missionaries! First time that has ever happened, according to anyones memory. And I know that the branch will continue to grow. We had another investigator at church (which as far as the missionaries were concerned, that in of itself was a miracle) and right away our new converts were fellow shipping and even swapped numbers! Look at these members doing missionary work. Couldn't be prouder! It was one of the most powerful fast and testimony meetings I've ever attended and I am amazed at the our pouring of blessings the Lord has given us. Even to such an inadequate missionary that I am.

I think the secret has been getting these investigators integrated into the branch from the get-go. Pretty much from the beginning we told them that they were the future of the Church. True pioneers. And they accepted that reality because they received an answer and they were not going to let anything get in the way. I'm learning so much from their courage and their example.

The week leading up to the baptism has been a pretty rough one for Elder Stansfeild and me. Beside the baptism nothing really happened in our area. We dropped a ton of potentials and a couple meetings fell through. All week I was telling myself to just get to Saturday. We're praying for some miracle this week. It is the last full week for Elder Bodily and Elder McGowan and so we're doing an all-day finding day. We're waking up a little earlier, getting our studies done and getting out the door and going non-stop all day. I am so excited. I haven't worn myself out doing missionary work since Awesome April. It should do the trick at restarting this district.

Thank you all for the continued love and support. We have a lot to do by the end of the transfer. And next week it will be just Elder Stansfield and I in the outpost of Kosice. Upside is that we get all of the Sister Stiles cooking to ourselves!

Love you and miss you all!

Elder Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment