Monday, December 6, 2010

Still warm in Trencin

By all counts this was a pretty successful week. We had weekly planning on Friday and we went over all of the people we are teaching and discussed what we need to do to to allow them to progress further towards baptism. Bodily said that we are teaching more people then he has taught. Im not sure if thats throughout his own mission or just the time hes spent in Trenčin. But we are teaching 8 people right now. I guess thats a good solid number for Slovakia, but I am not happy with it and I intend on doubling it. We taught 10 lessons this past week (which is excellent considering that the week before we were at 2. Yes, 2 lessons in 7 days) Im expecting that number to also increase. I figure if we can expect the miracle we will get the miracle. Right?? We met a couple way cool people this week too that I am looking forward in getting to know. Bodily and I are getting better at working with each other and the members seem to be still excited to help us out. All I need now is better language skills!

I have been studying the attributes of Christ in my personal study and the other day I was on charity. I looked up the word for charity in Slovak, právo láska, which literally means "true love". Pretty cool huh? And that pretty much sums up charity, really. lol

Now that is it getting colder, about -5 C (feel free to do the math, but its cold) people arent out like they used to be. And so we are inside tracting more and more. We have a great Family Home Evening activity to do, and some other interesting things planned to do and show people, but I am pretty convinced that no one will ever let us in. Which is probably my problem-- a lack of faith. (Tomorrow I will be studying faith, so hopefully that will change :p) We did manage to find two of the people we are teaching through tracting-- but one was a "come back again and Ill think about it" and with the other we have an appt to teach the mom at the building tomorrow. But we take what we can get for sure.

Mom, I told Sister Alžbeta you found the Skrlecs and she was so happy! I told her I would give her an update on how they are. And Ill send pictures of the branch when I can. Im not sure how much the branch has changed since they came. Her son is the branch president and we have about 7 active members. But they are some of the strongest members Ive ever met. Its definitely made me thankful to grow up in a regular ward. Imagine having to speak or give a lesson in church every other week! lol

I'm sorry I don't have more to talk about. This week has been pretty normal. I've just been keeping my head down and working. I made a resolution (its never too early to make resolutions, right?) to wear out my companions. Some missionaries are known for some things, they're all good missionaries but you got the "funny one", or the "quiet one", or the "one that speaks really good Slovak", etc etc etc and so I decided that I will be known as the "work horse". The one where when companions are assigned to me they'll know that we won't be wasting any time. But don't wory and think that I'll stress out and exhaust myself by the end of these two years, I am just determined to make the most out of these two short years and leave Slovakia knowing that I "fought a good fight".

Christmas is just around the corner and we bought a little Christmas tree today. A two footer! lol I don't want anymore dismal holidays like this last Thanksgiving.

I just got your email about the Skrlecs, glad you were about to meet them and had so much fun! They seem like great people! Definitely loved by the branch. The ones that never met them have heard stories about them. His family sounds like the regular Slovak Family. Drinking all day over the weekends... Word of Wisdom is a hard thing over here. The mountain range here is the Tatras, ta tas are something different.... lol I will send a better update next week-hopefully with pictures.

Glad to hear everyone is doing fine at home. I'm sure Logan is enjoying the wheels, I miss driving...

I'm sure I am forgetting something, but until next week, čao!

Starši Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment