Monday, August 27, 2012

2 Year Mark

Hello family, friends and other blog buddies!

Hope everyone is doing well! We had another great week. The weather has been warm-- but last night got really cold and I was able to sleep! Yesterday at church we had 4 visitors-well, not really visitors, but 2 American couples that just moved to Bratislava and will be living here for 8 months! Wahoo! So we got some more help for the branch for a least a little bit. The two guys are playing volleyball for the Bratislava team and their wives are bored here so we are going to try to take them out on teaching appointments. Will be great! Now we just need to find English speaking investigators....
My companion and I are doing well, I really do love Elder Osterloh. We are having a good time with each other. I couldn't have asked for a better companion. The last couple of companions I've had have been perfect. I wish I had been able to recognize the quality of the missionaries I served around sooner. I'm trying to be a better than I am for Elder Osterloh. Don't know what I would do without him.
Last week we had a specialized training, my last as a missionary, so I bore a "closing testimony." A tradition here for departing Elders and Sisters. It was a weird experience. Almost felt anti-climatic. I still have testimonies to share people! But it is a mile stone as a missionary I guess. Saturday was my 2 year mark. We celebrated by contacting all day after weekly planning... fun. :) But today we are hitting up the all you can eat Chinese place in town. My favorite. :)) 

Thank you for the email Joe! I will tell everyone hello from you. Elder MacNeish and Meredith are in the Czech Republic so I prob won't be seeing them. :( But I'll relay the message.

Not a lot of time today, so I will talk to you all next week!

Elder A Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment