Monday, June 20, 2011

**side note: I started writing January for the date-- can you believe it's the end of June?!**

This week was a good week. They all are really. I guess I should start off where I left off:
The dinner with our new deaf friends was a lot of fun. It was Miška and her friends Zolo and Petr. There was some American, Universal and Slovak sign language going on as well as the rest of the cafe yapping in Slovak, my brain was mush with all the languages! But they are a lot of fun-definitely not interested in the gospel. (They said there are no interpreters at churches. Except the Jehovah's Witnesses, and Slovaks HATE JWs) But we hope to see them at our game nights that we're trying to start up.

Yesterday was Father's Day so happy Father's Day to all you dads! I've been especially lucky to have the dad that I have. Wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. Love you!

As well as it being Father's Day we had a closing ceremony in a little village outside Kosice. (I always forget these names) It wasn't the usual project we do but we did it because a couple of villages benefited. You can read all about the humanitarian work we do from the Stiles' blog. Good luck finding it, I've never seen it.

The week was a strange one. The Zone Leaders came up for a little exchange so that was a fun switch up. I was back with my old trainer Elder Bodily for the day. At the end we sat and talked about a couple of the issues we've been facing out here in Kosice and I came away from that exchange pumped, ready to change and learn more about my calling as a missionary. :)
Along with the slow weeks we've been having I got some sad news that Junie from the USAO passed away a couple weeks ago now. I figured it was coming having heard about her tumors etc. But it was still a little shock. I read President Monson's talk from last conference and stumbled on another he gave called a couple years ago titled "Mrs Patton-the Story Continues". And I thought how amazing it is to know that this isn't it. That this life, however brief or long, continues on and on. I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows how, and does, help us. That he has sent us prophets to help guide us back to Him. I was only sorry that I never sent another note or another card out to Junie. Maybe it would have made her day. She had a way of always making my day whenever I was not in the mood to be working.

As slow as the week has been we have some investigators that I am kind of excited about. I will get really excited about them when they start coming to church. One girl was born in the Ukraine and is really curious to know more about us and the church. The best part is that coupled with that curiosity is a willingness to try the things out that we've been teaching! She's been on a trip all weekend, but said that she'll make it to church next week. Another guy we're teaching is a person who has more faith in Jesus Christ than me! We're hoping that he'll be able to recognize the need for a prophet and develop more of a desire to know if he is called by Christ. We will see with time....

The week ahead looks like a busy one. We have a little branch activity, an exchange, and a Zone Conference in Brno on the plan! Elder Kerr will be visiting us from Scotland, my dad's old tromping grounds. What's the phrase? "His little footsteps are there!" It'll be good!

Love you all and hope all is well!

Elder Williams

The Stiles blog has great photos of places Adam has been and great description of their work and the sights there. Here is the address--I have also posted it on the side with the other blogs from his mission we are following.
http://www.missionsite.net/elderandsisterjohnandcarolstiles/main

No comments:

Post a Comment