Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Switch-up

Hello family!!

First off it was great to hear from you all on Sunday! Can you believe I have no more phone calls left??

So as you all know, its TRANSFER WEEK! President Irwin has, true to form, shaken things up. My companion, Elder Johnson is staying here and I am serving with Elder Clem..... in Bratislava! (I was really confused about it too) Elder Bateman will be taking over as Branch President here and I will be hanging out with him til Saturday giving him a little crash course on how to run things. He goes in and out of "freak outs". I keep telling him he'll be fine.

I'm really nervous for him.

But he is going to do a fantastic job! It just feels right. He's a 4th transfer missionary and is ready to get to work. This city/branch is ready for a missionary like Elder Bateman and I'm looking forward to what he'll do. I'm just sad I won't be here for it all.

It's been a weird time for me- trying to get everything packed and ready for Elder Bateman. I know how Elder Tomlinson felt I think. Kinda relieved, but at the same time like old garbage. lol      I CANNOT wait to get to Blava with Elder Clem. I've heard a lot about him and I'm looking forward to hit the ground running with him. He's heard some things about me and I'm preparing to prove them all right! (or wrong if they're bad things.... :)

It's been a wild ride here in Zilina. I love this city and these people. I'll think about them often, I know I will. I've learned a lot about myself and what I'm capable of--and a little of what my potential looks like. This upcoming transfer will be one of expanding and unlocking that potential. I'm SO excited to be 100% dedicated to missionary work-- it's what I was sent to do. :)

I love you all. Stay close to the Lord, read your scriptures, say your prayers, and remember, I'll see you soon. :)

Elder Williams

ps Mara, I miss you toooooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment