Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Baptisms, new bathroom and a wedding?

I'll explain the title later....


Hello everyone! I hope this week was a good one for you. The excitement came Wednesday when our landlord's brother came over and demolished our shower room (Toilet and shower are in separate rooms. It's brilliant) Everything out. That was fun for us. I learned some new words as they asked for tools. (I've already forgotten them all. When will I use "sandpaper" or wire cutters" again?) I'll attach some before and after pictures next week. We've been going to the other Elders apartment for the past couple days for showers. 

This Friday we will be having 4 baptisms in Zvolen! It's about 2 hours away from Zilina--but they are the newest members of the branch! We're excited for them all. It's been a long time coming for them all and two will be getting married that day as well before hand. I'm still a little confused about who will be performing it... Uvidime. It's been quite exciting for them though. And for me up here. I gotta figure out what new members need from a branch president that lives 2 hours away.. anything?? It's been a learning process for me. I'll let you know how everything works out. :) 

Our baptismal date is doing really well. I'm so excited for her. She's so special and will be such a boost for the branch here. she has a ton of faith and just loves the church and the restored Gospel. She's facing a ton of opposition-- mostly from her husband who changes his mind whether or not she can be baptized. But we are moving forward with faith. We've been praying for him to have a softer heart. I'm certain she will be baptized.  

I have been thinking a lot about missions and the gospel lately. Why me? How do I have the gospel in my life? Why does the Lord see me fit to do the things He asks me to do? I'm grateful that He doesn't look at me as I am right now-- but that He looks at me in terms of who I will become. At what I am capable of- not what I've done in the past. To God it's all about the future. His is an eternal perspective. One that I lack sometimes. But that's why we are here. To learn how to stretch ourselves and become something. 

I love you all and I promise I don't need anything. Looking forward to talking to you about 6 my time!! 

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment