Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Lot of Learning

Hey Family!
Sorry this might be brief- they don't give us a whole lot of time. Which is frustrating, but oh well. Sorry to hear about the cat found in the pool. I guess he (mistakenly) thought he would find a good home with you guys :)
All is well here at the MTC, it's hard to believe that I've ONLY spent two weeks here. It feels like an eternity. Busy busy busy. Our teachers have been sharing stories about their experiences in Slovakia and we have been getting so pumped up as a result. I'll post the one about how the church got recognized (two of them were there when it happened) if I have time at the end, if not, just wait for a letter!
I got your package today, thank you! Just what I needed. And thank you Aaron for not letting my ring get scratched. I'll let you know if there is anything I need. My P-Days are on Tuesdays and it pretty much consists of going to the temple, laundry, and writing to family. I was able to take a nap today, which was SO good.
My past week here has consisted of a lot of workshops and "teaching appointments" or TEs. There we pretty much apply what we've learned in the classroom with "professional investigators". At first I thought the TEs were going to be unrealistic and a waste of time. But they are some of the most nerve racking and best experiences I have had here so far. The teachers are so good and challenge us in so many different ways. They are definitely heavy hitters and I feel like I'll have more luck with the people in Slovakia than at the MTC! Last Thursday we had our first TRC (not sure what it stands for) where we meet with RMs or Native Slovaks and they check on our progress. We have a list of "Missionary Tasks" that we need to get through each week. (Kind of sounds like a video game eh?) last week we had to meet someone and schedule an appointment. ALL IN SLOVAK! Surprisingly I knew more than I thought. The guy I spoke to drove a bus and thought the "park" we ran into each other at was pretty. He doesn't have a family but I managed to schedule an appt for a Saturday at 6:00! Then we had to teach the first lesson, in English, thank goodness. That was nerve racking. But we got through the lesson. I have a love/hate relationship with these appointments. I get so nervous about it, but I come out with the best feedback and everyday Elder Bacon and I get better and better.
There are some Elders that got in last week that are going to the Tempe, AZ mission and the Boise, ID mission! How cool is that! I gave them your names and Grandma and Grandpa. I'm glad that you're doing more "member missionary" work mom. I loved being a ward missionary and I'm sad that Slovakia has so few members for us to work with. They really make all the difference.
Elder Meiling is still here. Not sure what is going on yet. No Visa but he's staying here until it comes. He met with the Branch President today so we'll see. I'm sure you'll find out on his blog. lol
I miss you guys and think about you all the time. But don't worry, I'm not homesick or anything (big surprise, I know). It just feels like I'm in Tucson being my usual busy self. It'll sink in around Christmas time I'm sure. :) I'm working as hard as I can and I'm having a great time with my District. They are seriously the best group of people I have ever met. Elder Nichol and Freeman definitely keep it classy. We pretty much just make fun of the indie kids and the guys that flirt with sister missionaries here. And Sister Anderson keeps us in line. We've grown so close and I'll be sad when we all have to leave.
Keep it fo-rizz-el!
Adam
ps get me the address of the grandparents. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment