Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter!

Hey all!
So sorry for the late email. Everything was closed yesterday for the holidays so we had to wait to email today. I am doing well. Happy and healthy and grateful. :)

The Easter holiday is a big one here in Slovakia. It's celebrated by the men whipping women and splashing water on them. It was explained to me that it is a favor, as it gives them health and beauty. "You should do it in America if you want beautiful women there too!" Something tells me, at least from the women I know, that they wouldn't appreciate it. Yesterday was a "visiting" day. Slovaks literally visit people throughout the day. We visited one of our English students who had other visitors for lunch- then they left to visit some other people. It was a fun time for sure. I just love Slovaks here and it's a fun time when they are all together. Just relaxed and comfortable. It's a culture I can definitely appreciate.

This past weekend was general conference for us. We are a week behind as we have to get it translated first. We got to have an English room for the missionaries so that was nice. It was a fantastic conference and I'm pumped for the next 6 months. Isn't it amazing that we have living prophets and apostles???

Things are slow right now- but we are working through it. G.C was a nice time for me to slow down a little and think about the more important things. I am grateful for the chance I have to lose myself in the work of the Lord. The atonement of Christ is such an amazing thing and takes an eternity to understand. And I am excited that we have an eternity to understand it. The Church of Jesus Christ is such a blessing for us and I'm thankful to have it. I have been thinking about grace a lot lately-- as I feel like I need A LOT of it right about now- I know that it's always there for us at every point of our lives. Not just at the end. We can plead for that power to see us through everything.

I wish I had more than an hour to write to you all and that I had stronger writing skills. :) Know that I love you all and miss you all even more. Thank you for the Easter letters and packages! I forgot I liked jelly beans as much as I do. :p Hope everything is perfect for you all! Praying for you daily!

Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment